Monday, October 6, 2008

What's Been Happening

So it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. Life has been full (I guess life is full for everybody, so maybe I should not say that ... too late). What have I been doing? Lot's of stuff I guess ... let me check my calendar just to update myself. I think I'll go to the pictures instead of updating myself of the last two weeks. (Captions Below Pics)

Last Saturday (not this Saturday when I was helping w/ the Garfield wedding), Mari went to the National Book fair. They had the Magic School Bus. Mari is working hard on her classes. I may use one of the books she read for her children's lit class as a resource for my instrumental students. More on that another time.

I have no idea who these people are, but Mari was excited to get her pictures w/ them. I think she is the author of Duck For President.

Last Thursday we received an impromptu invitation to have dinner w/ our friends the Boer's. This is me and their son Carter. He is an extremely cute baby. I told him he should play a real instrument ... the drums, not like his parents who play organ and viola.

On Sunday Mari and I went to Great Falls w/ my Mom, Ed (my brother), and Neesham (my younger sister-in-law) to do something called Tashlikh. This is a Jewish ritual where you put bread in a flowing river and it represents making atonement for your sins. That's the way I understand it, but my Mom can explain it better than I. Now, I believe the only way to atone for my sins is through believing that Jesus Christ's death on the cross has made a way for our sins to be atoned. But, I have accompanied my mother in doing this for the past few years. It has become a family tradition.

This is my Mom, a very faithful reader of this blog.

Here is everyone accept for me.

This is the act of throwing the bread.

This is Sammy, my brother's newest dog. He's cute and wearing a redskins jersey that my Mom bought.

This is Beemer, an old friend ... even though we didn't start off on the right foot, it was good to see him.

The Potomac River, before it becomes Great Fall.


This is a lock.

Last, but certainly not least, the love of my life. Besides Jesus, she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Lovey, I love you very much and because I do I must help you with the grammar in your post. "Here is everyone accept for me." It's except me. Hope that didn't offend you. You can correct my blog anytime!:)

Dave said...

Thanks Babe, I am certainly an amateur blogger, so the correction is much appreciated!! Feel free to let me know my grammar mistakes anytime.