Sunday, October 26, 2008

National Harbor Percussion Gig Update

This past Wednesday + Thursday I had the privelege of rehearsing with all the guys who I play with at the National Harbor. We rehearsed from 10am - 2pm up in the nightclub of the Gaylord hotel called Pose. The person who wrote the show, Charlie, flew up from Florida with 6 new songs for us. The 'Zen' drum parts (which I don't play) were much more challenging this time. My parts fit very well with the rest of the ensemble.
I have been looking forward to this rehearsal for a long time. The new songs seem to be perfect and it was fun to learn all the parts. As usual, check out the schedule on the blog to see when you can come by. The times of the shows seem to be changing, so please call or email me before you come so I can give you specific times. Below are some pictures from the rehearsal.

This is the VIP portion of the nightclub. Some music we were expected to practice beforehand, some we received at the rehearsal, that's why we have the music stands.

You can see the Washington Monument from Pose.

We use all sorts of 'percussion.' Pots, Pans, Cajon, and Pepper Shakers. Here the guys make sure everything is set up.

This is Steve Bloom. He is one of the best hand percussionists in DC.

Here Charlie demonstrates on the Zen Drum.

Now it's Zak's turn.

Here Zak + Dominic have dueling cajons.

No comments: