Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Grandmother's 90th Birthday Party Weekend

From Friday October 9th through Monday October 13th, Mariana and I spent the weekend in Little Rock Arkansas. My Dad was born and raised in Little Rock and my Grandmother still lives in the house where he grew up. We spent the weekend in Arkansas becuase we were celebrating my Grandmother's 90th Birthday. My Uncle and Dad threw a party for her in the dining area of Bill Clinton's Presidential Library. This was a great oppurtunity to hang out with family I do not get to see that often. Pictures follow with captions below the pictures.

Here we have my cousins Andy + Brad, my G-ma with my cousin Amy.

Here is my Aunt Barbi ... she always used to have her kids kick me and spit on me during family gatherings ... she still does, I just said, don't spit on Mari!

Cousin Amy + G-ma.

Mari + I w/ Ed and Neesham (my brother and sister in-law).

This is a cute picture of G-ma + Mari.

My Dad's cousin Jean has two daughters (Brenda + Melissa) ... and they both have iPhones.

I am not a big history buff, but last year I started to study the American Civil Rights Movement. Little Rock plays a significant role in American History. The Little Rock 9 were the first African American students to integrate a white school in Arkansas. It is sobering to think about the hatred these nine students went through, and now there is a monument to honor their courage at the Arkansas Capital.

This is Mari posing in front of President Clinton's Limo. I think she should run in four years ...of course she wasn't born in America, but maybe the constitution can be amended ...

Here is my Dad + Virginia honoring my G-ma.

Here is cousin Brad + Andy singing an original song to honor my G-ma.

Here is G-ma enjoying the festivities.

And finally, the honored guest with her two sons.

No comments: