Friday, October 31, 2008

Cherishing God's Forgiveness

So today I have been struggling with anger, condemnation, and bitterness ... basically just way too much thinking about me and my circumstances. Before playing buckets tonight I read the following quotes from John Piper:
"The battle against bitterness is fought ... by cherishing the experience of being forgiven."
"Saving faith cherishes being forgiven by God, and from there rises to cherishing the God who forgives - and all that he is for us in Jesus."
(P. 115, Battling Unbelief, John Piper)
The solution to my problem is not for the circumstances to change, but rather for my focus to shift off of myself and on to the God who saved me from all my sins. May God help me to cherish His forgiveness that is made available to me through Jesus!

No comments: