Monday, September 1, 2008

First Week w/ Students ... First Purchase ...

Well, I made it through the first week w/ students. I don't start teaching a full load until September 15th. So the question would be ... what did I do all week? I lead three Instrumental Music Recruitment Assemblies (one for each school.). The assemblies consisted of the following: a power point presentation, me demonstrating how certain instruments sound (if anyone would like to hear me play a minuet on the violin, it'd be a pleasure), specifics on how the program works, how to sign up, and the grand finale ... me performing my rap: "WIND GOES".
When I went into one of the fourth grade classrooms, one of the students said, "Hey look ... it's the rapper." My goal is that the rap will spark excitement about the instrumental program.
Now to the purchase ...
Mari has been talking about getting a book shelf for our living room for about three months. Well, today we purchased it from Ikea. This is the first piece of furniture we have bought together. As I'm typing this blog, she is busy organizing. Since we purchased it from Ikea, that means we put it together ourselves. I was concerned it would be a long sanctifying day, but with only a few small mistakes we put it together without any conflict. That is success in my book.

1 comment:

PAIGEINFULL said...

haha..."look, its the rapper"...haha i love it. Little do you know that that song will bring you loads of success. I know I'm ready for your second single!