Saturday, May 31, 2008

Update Bonanza

Where to begin? Life has been packed since I last posted. Palpazione continues to be a dream come true. Last night I was trying to see how high I can jump above the pans rack. My goal is during one of my solos to stay air borne for at least two beats while playing a fun rhythm. It's good to have goals!

Last week included Hershey Park and New Attitude. The day before leaving for Na, I spent 17 hours with 53 choir and instrumental students from one of my schools. We had a blast. The choir, conducted by Chris Fominaya, was the only elementary school choir to perform three part harmonies. And I had my string and winds play a version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" in D major (easy for the strings, very hard for the winds). It was a great experience, next year I hope to take all three of my schools to a music competition in an amusement park.

While all of this was going on, my Mom went to Manchu Pitchu, or however you spell it. Congrats Mom and making one of your dreams come true!

After Hershey Park, I went to New Attitude to be a courtesy ninja. The best part of this was being able to spend the whole weekend with my wife. We had such a good time, and it was neat to see how well we worked together. Below is my baby in her ninja shirt.



Well, enough writing, check out some pics below (Captions are below picture).

Me Conducting the Band @ Central Dauphin High School which is 20 minutes away from Hershey Park.



One cool thing about Hershey, was that my Dad was there to see me conduct the band and than we went on the bumper cars together. It was interesting to see my Dad talking to some of the students parents. They were there to see their children perform and my Dad was there to see me perform.


This is our Care Group playing a secret Ninja game ... Psychiatrist.



I had the chance to play a real djembe. The question is, do I look like this everytime I play? Yikes!



Some people from the Virginia Beach Sovereign Grace Church challenged the ninja's to a game of ultimate frisbee. Of course, the Ninja's won.



PALPAZIONE DATES:
If you would like to see me perform w/ Palpazione, I would suggest either Saturday June 7 or Saturday June 14. Be sure to check the Wilson Bridge situation if you take 495 to the National Harbor.

Oh, one more thing, check out this robot conduction the Detroit Symphony, crazy!

1 comment:

Mari said...

It's Machu Picchu love.