Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bringing the Hand Drum Back

It's time to bring the "Hand-Drummers" back in "Christian Hand-Drummers Kosher Cookbook: The Blog". On Sunday I had the privilege to play conga's at Covenant Life Church. It was a blast! It has been a long time so I was hoping I'd remember how to play. It is like riding a bike a little bit. One aspect I enjoyed was playing with Ben Koo. He is so passionate about worshiping expressively, that it reminds me that I can worship the Lord because there is joy in knowing I've been forgiven of all my sins. That's good news and Ben's excitement about singing truth is contagious. Another aspect I enjoyed was using the HPD-10. I used a foot pedal to trigger a bass djembe sound. That was fun.




On another musical note, I've been working on a rap called, "Wind Goes". Once I get it copyrighted, I'll post it here. I think it has the possibility of being as popular as the "Soldier Boy" rap. I will be performing it at one of my elementary schools on June 4th. I've been practicing with Mari and some of my 5th & 6th grade students. It has been interesting to see their reactions. If you want me to practice when you're around, let me know.

No comments: