Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week of August 2 - 8 : Breakfast, Move, Jam, Camp Arena, + DMB w/ Steve Wagner

Well, it has been a full few days. This entry will break down (with pictures) some of the highlights from the past week.

Last Sunday I decided to cook Mari breakfast:

And then after Church we helped some friends move. They were very organized. One thing I noticed in the picture below is how bald I'm going. That's the way life goes:

There were two dogs to help us:

Now ... switching gears and the day of the week ... on Wednesday I had the privilege to attend the Sovereign Grace Ministries Worship God '09 conference. I also had the opportunity to jam w/ the Roger Hooper Jazz Trio. We had a lot of fun and had a saxophone player sit in:
Here is my set-up:
The four of us in action:
On Wednesday the Na band led worship:

This next picture was taken on Thursday on the campus of Georgetown Visitation. For the last 7 weeks I have been there teaching at Camp Arena Stage. This has been the best summer yet at this camp (this is my 5th time teaching @ CAS). This is me and the buckets:
More buckets:
The Hand Drumming Class' set-up:
Rock Band:

On Saturday after we cleaned up the summer camp, I went to pick up Steve Wagner. Steve was my drum teacher for fifteen years. I started taking lessons with him when I was 9 years old. It is always exciting when I get to see Steve, but Saturday was unique. The reason I picked him up is because Steve's wife, Ernette, bought him 2 tickets to see the Dave Mathew's Band. So, I went to go see one of the best drummer's around today with the person who taught me how to play drums. It was a great night. Here's Steve and I before we go to the concert:

What Christian Hand-Drummer's Kosher Cookbook blog entry would be complete without a picture of my incredible wife. Sometimes it is nice to pause and remember what a gift Mariana is to me. She completes me through her sacrificial love, her companionship, and her sense of humor. She is a keeper! Here's Mari on Sunday after the move.

Well, that's it for now. I am seven posts away from reaching 100, so I may be blogging a lot in the future. Here's a preview of what is to come for the next post: On Sunday WAMS got together; Monday - Thursday we will be at Deep Creek Lake; on Friday we will return and 'possibly' settle on a house that we put an offer on. If you could pray that we get the house and everything goes well with settlement, that would be great. Then, on Saturday I will have the first meeting of my newest adventure: "Spitz-O-Matic" Performance Percussion (For Kids). I will be organizing a few drummers from the Church to put together a small 'junk' routine. I am very excited about this. Next week, I go back to work for PG county on Monday August 17th. Thanks for taking the time to read the blog. Chao.

No comments: