Friday, August 14, 2009

August 9 - 16th: WAMS, Deep Creek Vacation, SPP for Kids, + A New Home

I hope everyone is doing well (and by everyone I mean those of you that are taking the time to read this, not everyone in the world, because obviously, they don't read my blog). Well, here we go, this post is way too long, but a lot of exciting things have been going on.

On Sunday, we had the joy of going to the Wilcox's for our 2nd WAMS. It was a great time, filled with good conversation and lots of kids. I'm looking forward to next month! Below is the dessert, fondue!!!

On Monday, Mari and I went to Deep Creek Lake for our vacation. We stayed at the Prestons house. They have known me my entire life. Below are some pics of the food:

On Wednesday, Kate, the Prestons daughter came up. She babysat me the first few years of my life. Both Pat + Kate love knitting:
My Mom tries to get in on the fun while chilin on the dock:
She thought taking a nap on the hammock may be better.
Here is Mari and Lee Preston sitting on the nice new bench:

Sometimes, pictures are better than video, and the following picture would be a good example. Pat and I played violin together a couple of times. She was VERY patient with my playing:

It is always relaxing to be at Deep Creek:
Mari took this pic:

On Tuesday evening, we took a boat ride to go to Pizzeria Uno. I've never taken a boat ride to dinner before. It was fun. Except that while we were eating dinner, it started to rain ... really hard. The nice thing was that on the way back to the house, the lake was calm because there were no other boats. Here is Mari on the way to dinner:
On the way back from Deep Creek, we stopped by Frank Lloyd Wrights, Falling Water.
This is Mari by a waterfall in Ohiopyle:

Moving on ...
On Saturday 8/15, I hosted (at the Linn house) the first annual, "Spitz-O-Matic" Performance Percussion for Kids. Seven young men came to hang out and play trash cans, a ladder, and other junk objects. We recorded our performance and the parents were there to witness the kids trash can playing:
The parents got me a very thoughtful card. I hope we can do it again soon:

Well, next up is the big news. Mari and I bought our first home together. Wes Stoy was our Realtor, and he did a great job:
We have been looking for over a year, but God has provided us a fantastic new home:
This is the living room/ dining room:
Downstairs rec room:
Master bedroom:
Kitchen w/ Mari:

Thanks for reading ... have a great week!

2 comments:

Becca said...

yay!! I was hoping you're next update would have house pictures! it looks gorgeous! God had a plan :-) and we're very excited for you guys!

Cara said...

It's been a while since I've visited... sorry I'm getting in on this post late! Just had to say, though, that your house looks so great! Can't wait to take the grand tour some day.