Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sunday July 12 - Sunday July 19th (Drums, WAMS, 3 Year Engagement Anniversary, Dinner @ my Dad's, + BIG Meeting)

Last Sunday (7/12) I had the opportunity to play drums @ Covenant Life Church w/ the NEXT band. They use a DJ which means the entire band plays w/ a click for every song. I like playing w/ a click because it helps me to make sure I don't speed up or slow down. It was a great experience. Below are some pics:
This AKAI APC 40 is a very cool new MIDI controller that is used w/ Ableton Live. If I ever get some spare cash, I think it'd be cool to have one of these.

Next up we have our inaugural WAM night ... although now it is called, WAMS. Mari and I had the privilege to hang out w/ 2 of my former roommates and their wives last Sunday. They've been meeting together for a while under the name WAM ... but after much deliberation, we have been allowed to join them. We are very excited to hang out with them each month.and are looking forward to the fellowship and fun in the upcoming months. Below are two pics from our time together:

On Friday night, Mari and I celebrated our 3 year engagement anniversary. We drove to Old Towne Alexandria where we got engaged. I still am amazed that she said yes. My initial plan three years ago was to take her to the edge of one of the piers, but this is what I saw:
So we chose a corner of the walkway:
We enjoyed some tasty beverages:

On Saturday, Mari and I went up to my Dad's to spend time w/ Ed + Neesham. Here are some pics of our time together. The food + company were very good:

On Sunday evening, Mari and I attended Erik Sheffer's BIG meeting. There was a bake off (which our group won) and a talent show (we came in 3rd out of 5). I performed my song, "I'm So Funky" and my rap, "Whoosh Dog." One of the guys in our Care Group, did some cool scratching on the rap ... we'll be posting the audio soon. Here's the group after our successful night:

One cool thing about Sunday night was how my Mom took the time to come watch the Talent Show. She took some pictures which I will post. Thanks Mom for attending and saying how pretty Mari looked!

No comments: