Saturday, July 11, 2009

June 26 - July 10

The last few weeks have been jam packed with fun and excitement for Mari and I. School ended for me on Friday June 19th (my brother's birthday) and then on Monday June 22 I started working at Camp Arena Stage. Below are some pics from our past few weekends and some incredible dinners Mari cooked. Mmmmmm, I am looking forward to her next meal. (Captions will be below each pic).

For Father's Day, Mari and I went to my Dad's ... I grilled some meats and my Dad did the Salmon.

My beautiful wife and me.

Mari, Me, V, and D.

Here's the Father's Day meal.

One time Cleo made Mari and myself this Banana Cream pie and we brought some to my Dad. He loved it, so Mari made it for him.

Wednesday June 24 was the 2 year anniversary of our Argentine Wedding. I took Mari to an Argentinian restaurant to celebrate (the experience was a little disappointing because the food and service were not that great, but the company made up for that).

Since the dinner was not the best experience we went to Ruth's Chris for dessert. Mari had an Irish Cream coffee, which she normally does not get. It was VERY strong.

I don't remember what this is, but it was great.

Also, an amazing dessert.

On Saturday June 26, I had the privilege of being the best man in Mutiga's wedding. Weddings are very joyful. Pictured above we have (from left to right) Howard, myself, Mutiga, and Scott.

Same cast except instead of myself, we have Kip.

Mari actually helped to coordinate the wedding. Laurie (the bride) put together a very specific script, but Mari helped to administrate the actual servic . This was the first time she did this, and the wedding went very well thanks to the grace of God and her hard work.

One of the first songs I ever wrote is called, "Hey There." I changed the lyrics to, "Hey Mutiga." This is a great example where photos are a better medium than video ... no audio in photos.

Mutiga and Laurie went to take pictures at this beautiful park in Hagerstown.

Summer Chicken and Salad by Mari (I have not refilled the propane tank which is why there are no pictures of me grilling at our place ... I hope I do that soon).

On Friday July 3rd, Mari, my Mom, Matias, and Heather attended the July 3rd rehearsal of a Capital Fourth. This is our fourth year attending. The first time I went to one of these rehearsals w/ my Mom I saw Gloria Estefan (Mari still holds it against me that she did not see her), next was Stevie Wonder, last year we had Huey Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis, and then this year we saw Barry Manilow and Aretha Franklin. Pictured above is a new friend Tim (I just met him at the rehearsal and probably will never see him again), my Mom and Matias. We had a great time.

Here is Mari drinking a traditional Argentine drink called mate. I look angry ... I wonder what I was thinking?

I think this is us dancing to "R.E.S.P.E.C.T."
Thank you Mom for organizing this event ... I look forward to next year!


On Wednesday of this week, Zak + Jeff attended Camp Arena to perform the bucket show. It was so much fun!!!!

I'm teaching guitar this year at Camp. Mari attended Camp Arena the same day we performed the Bucket Show. We forgot to take a picture of the two of us ... oops.

This was the Salmon Mari made for us on Thursday ... it was amazing!

Well, that's it for now ... I hope everyone is having an amazing summer. Here are some upcoming events for us: we're going to the beach the weekend of July 25th, and then around August 11th we're going to spend a few days in Deep Creek. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Mari said...

You are so affectionate towards your friends! You wrote "my Mutiga's wedding". That's sweet?
I agree with the comment about photos being better than videos...

Dave said...

Thanks Mari ... I just fixed the mistakes you mentioned. I appreciate your help.