Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Swingin Swamis + Camp Schmidt

This blog will consist of pictures from Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday (Captions will be above the pictures this time).  On Saturday night I saw my friend Zak (percussionist from the Gaylord show) perform w/ his band:
Here is Zak and I posing right before Mari and I leave:
Zak played a wide variety of styles extremely well
I think Mari had a good time ... she looks pretty ...
Zak let me sit in on a few songs ... it was fun!

Next up ... we have:
I spent Monday and Tuesday with Hyattsville Elementary school at the PGCPS outdoor education facility.  I like this sign:
I slept on the top bunk:
I taught a total of 5 classes with 10 students in each class:  I split the time between hand drumming (Babatunde Olatunji style), Junk Percussion (aka STOMP for young people), and electronic percussion (I let the kids play w/ my Roland HPD-10).



This is my artsy shot capturing the junk, drums, and electronics.

Here are two of the teachers that also taught classes to the students:
The kids went on a hay ride minus the hay with this tractor:
Artsy outdoor shot:
This is my 'Where's Waldo' section ... where's Dave?  (Look for the ears):
The Schmidt center has a place where you can look at a variety of animals:
Blurry Turtles:
After the students went to sleep, Mr. H started grilling the staff some burgers and dogs:

The next day, we walked to get breakfast at the dining hall:
Artsy outdoor shot #2, and the end of this entry.
Have a great day!

No comments: