Friday, March 20, 2009

New York Update

Well, this week Mari and I went up to New York for Round 2 of the America's Got Talent Auditions. I had to sign a non-disclosure statement, so I won't be blogging about any of the details regarding the audition. But I will talk about the trip up, what we did on Tuesday, and a couple of other pics too. Captions will be below the pics.

Here Mari and I pose outside of Hyattsville Elementary school before we drive up to New York. We rented a Toyota 4 Runner.  It was smooth + tall.

Here is one of the first cars we saw in New York ... Mari took this picture ...  What is the make?

On Tuesday night we hit times square. Mari looks pretty w/ all the lights around.

Mari wanted to take a picture of the Wicked sign. Our friend Charlotte saw Wicked on Broadway. We saw it in Baltimore. It is my favorite musical.

Mari and I posing w/ Times Square in the background.

Mari's artsy shot.

We asked a police officer on where to get some New York Pizza.  He said with a thick accent, "Go to Rays ... 2 blocks down on da left."  It was incredible.

My brother's Elvis influence in my life.  Its hard to believe they have a whole store devoted to M + M's.

I'm not a big Letterman fan, but I thought the outside of the theater looked cool.

One of New York's most famous venues.

We had to walk a long way, but it was worth it ... the mother-ship.

Only in New York would there be a place that you can buy an iPod 24/7.

We saw this church as we walked around ... cool inscription.

Next to Jesus, Mari, the Church, and my family there is ... STOMP.  We didn't get to watch it, but seeing the poster board was pretty cool.

We stayed at the Hotel Pennsylvania right across from Madison Square Garden.

Here is Mari and I posing w/ my trash cans minutes before the shuttle picks us up for the audition.

The timing was perfect, because right before I went in, my Mom (who took the Amtrak Acela up) met us at the front door.  Thanks for making the trip Mom.

This was our attempt at the skyline after we got out of the Lincoln Tunnel.  

Well, that was our trip to New York minus the details about the audition.  Per usual, thanks for taking the time to read the blog.

No comments: