Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time to put the 'cookbook' back in the Christian Hand-Drummers Kosher Cookbook. This past week I had the opportunity to grill a few times. I love grilling ... even in the rain. I think I like grilling in the winter more than the summer. Primarily because you don't expect it, and sometimes the unexpected tastes better. Also, Mari made some pumpkin soup, which was incredible.

Mari also made some great chicken one night ... she served rice with artichokes and black olives ... very nice.
Speaking of Mari ... her schooling is going great. She has been teaching in the classroom almost every week. For one of her lessons this week, she taught linking verbs.
On Thursday night, my Dad took Mari, Ed (my bro), and Neesham (my younger sister-in-law) to see Frost/Nixon at the Kennedy Center. The first 45 minutes were pretty boring, but the rest of the play was very interesting. Here is the trailer of the up coming movie version of the play.



It's hard to see in this picture, but Mari loved the sign by the parking gate. Be careful ... don't stand under it when it comes down.
Spiritually speaking this has been a good week. However, I have been struggling with self-righteousness (especially when I'm driving) and laziness. I am looking forward to CJ's mini-series on laziness. Also, I am asking God to help me grow in humility and dependent discipline. May this weekend be a refreshing time of “... having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you ...” (Eph. 1:8) I need God to enlighten my heart to the gospel, which is my hope. This song by Martyn Layzell has been ministering to me lately.

"If ever I should falter ... If ever I should fall
Your love is an anchor, in a refuge for my soul
I build my world around you, I'm building on the rock
For only You are faithful, only You are strong. [C]

With Your grace, I can face another day
I run this race, holding on to You
When the road seems to hard to climb
I recall these words to mind.
[C]
Each new day come what may impressing on
With my eyes firmly fixed on You
When the Lord seems to much to bear (not sure about this line)
On this truth I can depend
[C]
When all around me is shaking in this world
Built upon Your solid foundation I stand firm
[C]

I love songs that point me to the truth of Jesus and His Word, because I so often focus on my circumstance. Once again, if you've taken time to read this far, thank you for your time and I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: