Saturday, November 22, 2008

Soup, Nursing Home, and the Gaylord

The question is ... why do I like taking pictures of food so much ... I'm really not sure. But here is a cool lunch Mari made last weekend.On Saturday, I took 12 of my students to Independence Court, an assisted living center (nursing home) to perform. This is the second time I've done it. Leading this field trip is an energizing experience. Being there with students is an interesting position to be in ... taking a group of 10-12 year olds to play for people who are in their seventies and eighties ... and here I am somewhere in between. It helps me to think about what I would have liked to do when I was 12 and what I would like to accomplish by the time I'm eighty. May God help me not to waste my time here on earth and use every day as an opportunity to glorify Him. If I get permission of the parents, I will post pictures of the students playing. But for now, here is a picture of me before the field trip and the turkey cupcakes the activity director prepared for the students.
Tis the season ... the Christmas tree is up at the Gaylord.
Here is a picture of Charlie (the show writer at the Gaylord), Dominic, Jeff and Brett. These are the guys that I get to perform with every week.
On Saturday (11/22), my Mom and the Prestons came to see me perform. The Presonts have known me my enitre life. They enjoyed the food and the performance. They even said they may come back and bring their grandchildren.
I'm looking forward to this week. Yesterday at our men's accountabiliy meeting, Kris encouraged us to lead our families to be thankful on what God has done. There is so much to be thankful for this week: knowing Jesus as my Savior, having an incredible wife, a Church that rocks the house down by helping me love Jesus more, a great family two jobs that I enjoy (especially the one where I get to hit buckets), and the hope of becoming more like Jesus each day.
If you have read to here, I do appreciate your time, and am also thankful that you read this blog.

No comments: