Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update of Sorts

Well, Camp Arena is complete and the summer is almost over. I was thinking lately what did I learn about this summer or what stands out, and I think the theme of contentment rises above other areas or events. See, ever since I started playing at the National Harbor, I have been happier in general. But what was that happiness based on ... is it my circumstances or God? I think for the months of May and June I was happier because I was working w/ great drummers and playing drums more than I have in a long time. During this time, through helpful reminders from Mari and my good friend Lew, God showed me that happiness or joy needs to be based on the gospel and not my circumstances. It is still a process, but I think God has helped me see, as John Butler has said, "I am to be fully satisfied in every circumstance with Jesus Christ."
Now, summer is over and I'm about to go on vacation with the woman I love. I can't believe God has given me such a great wife. We are going white water rafting in West Virginia this week and than to a Bed + Breakfast. After having long days over the last seven weeks, this vacation is going to be great because I get to be w/ Mari non-stop 24/7.
No pictures in this post, just words ... I do want to say how cool it was that Mari came to Camp Arena on Wednesda. I think she had a great time.
Well, that's all I have ... if you're reading this, thanks for taking the time. I hope to post a summer wrap up w/ pictures next week some time.

No comments: