Wednesday, June 17, 2009

31.4% of My Life Has Been w/ Jesus Christ

I was thinking today on the way to work, that on August 13th of 2009, I will celebrate 11 years as a Christian. That's 31.4% of my life. So for 68.6% I have been without God. Lately it has been a struggle reading God's Word regularly, which means I have been self-focused, self-sufficient, and not believing I need God's Word to renew my mind. Typically, these thoughts of neglecting God's Word lead to discouragement. But today the Lord revealed to me that He is at work. The Lord began a good work in me that He will bring to completion. The Lord didn't save me to have a certain amount of times in the Bible (although reading His Word everyday is a great way to be reminded of His amazing grace). God saved me because of His amazing love revealed on the cross of Christ where Jesus bore on Himself the wrath of God that I deserve. God is the great initiator ... He initiated my salvation 11 years ago. He has been faithful through the years to remind of how much I need Him, like the 31.4% reminder I received today.

Here is my prayer tonight:
"Lord, please work in my life ... renew in me the joy of Your salvation. Help me to be dependent on Your Word ... help me to see that I need You, and that without renewing my mind in Your Word, I will be prone to believe lies." Amen.

No comments: