Sunday, May 3, 2009

PILGRIM is now Over

Well, PILGRIM is now over. It was a lot of fun. Besides playing in the production there are two highlights:
1) Getting to see my friend Dave Wilcox
2) Joking around w/ Fred the bass player.
Dave and I used to be roommates and was the technical director for the production. He is one of the most humble people I know and is a constant example to me of how to live the Christian life with sincerity. And he used to crush me at racquetball.
Fred (pictured below)
and I may have played a few times together, but nothing like performing in a musical. While we were on a break during tech week, Fred looked at me and said, "You remind me of a 'unique' hamster." (Just a note, he used a different term then unique, but for the purpose of this blog, I thought 'unique' would portray what Fred was communicating.) Hmm ... I can honestly say I've never been compared to a rodent before. Fred was so inspired by my drumming he made this picture.

Below are some more pictures from this weekend (captions will be below).
Fred took this one just so people knew that there was an audience for the play.

This is me pretending that I know what I'm doing behind the monitor board.

This is Josh ... he did the FOH mixing for the play. He is like a little Dave Wilcox.

This is Fred's artistic shot from the top of the set stairs.

Overall it was a great two weeks. There are certainly things I wish I played better. But it was fun combining drum set, electronics, and hand drums ... it was like three of my favorite things to do at all the same time. If only they wanted to have trash cans ... ah, maybe next time.
I hope everyone (I found out that about 3 more people have looked at the blog this week, so I don't think I can use that joke about my Mom again) has a great week.

No comments: