Sunday, May 10, 2009

Millie + Anthony, Kip + Nanji, Derick + Angela, Mothers Day

Greetings and salutations ... I hope people had an enjoyable Mother's Day on Sunday! This weekend was filled with joy for Mari and myself. We had the privilege to participate and observe the wedding of Millie + Anthony Bates. Millie has been a good friend through the years, and it was very exciting to see her get married to a first class guy like Anthony. I realized, I love weddings. I remember my first wedding I attended as an almost adult (18 years old). I saw my drum teacher, Steve Wagner, get married to his girlfriend, Ernette. Seeing Steve's face when Ernette walked down the aisle was so cool and joy filled. I experienced that same joy when I saw Anthony look at Millie on Saturday. Love is an amazing gift from God. Thank you Lord for the gift of marriage.

This weekend had a few surprises that I wasn't expecting (hmmm, redundant Dave, if they are surprises, of course you don't expect them). The first was meeting my good friend Kip Yego's girlfriend, Nanji. They are a great couple and I hope we can hang out again. Nanji is from Kenya (as well as Kip). The second surprise was spending a few hours with Derick and Angela Pao. We had coffee (thanks for treating!!!!) and talked about a wide variety of topics ... it was a cool chill time with a great couple. Another surprise was when Kip and I brought the aisle runner up the aisle and everything went perfectly ... that was a pleasant surprise.

The last event this weekend was going to Great Falls w/ my Mom Sunday Morning (which was a lot of fun ... thanks for letting me try out your new filters), and having lunch with the most incredible woman in the world ... MARIIIII! Te amo!

Well, off to pictures, I'm trying to limit the amount of time I spend on posts, so there won't be too many captions. Have a great week!

















No comments: