Sunday, July 13, 2008

Camp Arena Stage + Deep Creek Lake (ah ... relaxing)

Life has been full this week. I worked at the National Harbor 3 times, and completed my second week of Camp Arena Stage. I teach four classes: Electronic Music; Rock Band; Junk Percussion; and Hand Drumming. This is my fourth year doing @ CAS. In my previous years, I typically have a favorite class. But this year, I truly enjoy each class equally. All the students are eager to learn and are absorbing what I've been teaching them like sponges. Four more weeks of camp and then Mari and I are off to West Virginia. Here are some pics of my classroom at Georgetown Visitation where the camp takes place (Captions Below Pics):
Here you can see a drum set, some hand drums, and some cool sounding trash cans.


I rented a Roland Fantom X-6 for the camp. It has an infrared light that you can trigger loops with and make a crazy synthesizer noise with. It's the perfect keyboard for the electronic music class.

I have 2 electronic drum things. One you can hit with sticks, and the other you can hit with your hands. These are also a lot of fun.

TRANSITION ...

Mari and I had the privilege to spend all day Saturday w/ my Mom and our long-time (almost forty years) family friends the Prestons. We had a relaxing day eating, tanning, and going on a boat ride. We love Deep Creek. It's only three hours and once you get there, the environment almost commands you to relax.

No comments: