Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Normal Twist ... A Boring Metaphor

I recently read this excellent blog entry on songwriting by Stephen Altrogee. After I read it I realized my songs are the complete opposite of what he is describing. Maybe I should try to improve on lyrics like this:

"Everyone's a spitz-o-matic
When we jam it is fantastic
Come on join our song
Hope it lasts all day long"

or

"I'm so funky
I'm so fresh and funky
I'm so funky
I don't know what to do."

Here is an example of one of Stephen's songs:

We were blind and lost and godless
Wandering a trackless waste
Then hope arose, a glorious beacon
Like the star the wise men chased


Well, time will tell if I can improve my song writing. For now I'd still like to release my self entitled CD, "Everyone's A Spitz-O-Matic." Maybe my second one will have "eye-popping" metaphors. Stay tuned ...

No comments: