Sunday, January 25, 2009

Argentina Post #2 : Patagonia (Villa la Angustura + Bariloce)

I was hoping this would be the final post, but I think I will separate Patagonia into two posts (this one is already way to long). This post will include Christmas Eve until Friday 12/26. We took a lot of pictures, I hope you enjoy them.

After exploring a beach in Villa Angustura (to be pictures in the next Argentinian post) we took a Catamaran ride to an Argentinian Nation Park. This pictures includes everyone except my Mom.

Here is the water. Brilliant caption if I say so myself.

This is the mountains we saw from the boat.

When we were parked at the National Park, this was our view away from the park.

Jimena, Florencia, and Mari posing for the camera.

After the catamaran, it was off to celebrate Christmas Eve at our cabin. I have many pictures of the food, but that will be in a separate post.

Pre dinner smiles.

In this picture we have my Mom, Nene, Mari, Carmen, + Tere.

Some gifts from Santa.

My Mom gave the kids hydrating back packs for Christmas.

On Christmas Day we went to see this waterfall.

We needed to use those back-packs after the small hike to see the waterfall.

The next day, we went to a beach. The activities included taking a nap and canoeing.

This is a picture of the water I took form my canoe.

On the way back from the Beach, Mario wanted to stop at this scenic overlook.
This was the water at the overlook ... perfectly clear.

The mountain from the overlook.

Dinner after a day at the beach.


The next day we went to a town called Bariloce. This is a town where all the high school seniors go on their senior trip. There is a song that all the kids sing on the bus ride to Bariloce ... I would sing for you ... in fact, if you want to hear it let me know.

This in the town center of Bariloce. (Jimena, Florencia, Nene, Tere, Mario, + Matias).

This is Mari's favorite chocalate shop. The chocalate is amazing.
Mari posing with the plastic represenative of the chocalate store.

This Nene, Mari, and myself beginning to fly a kite that my Mom bought for us.

Carmen + Mari give it a try.

Success!

This is a view from the beach in Bariloce.

Allow me to translate for you "The Bus Terminal."

Here is a picture of the style of bus we took.

This is a sunset from the Bus .. I'm not sure who took, either Mari or my Mom.
I am going to take a little break from the Arentina trip. There are a total of around 1500 pictures, but I have only chosen a selection. If you would like to see all of the pictures, let me know. Up next I'm going to post two video from the National Harbor and some other stuff. Have a great day!

No comments: