Friday, April 11, 2008

Journal Entry - April 10, 2001

Occasionally I will post some entries from my old journal. I want to find the one's that are 10 years old, because ten is a cool number. But my first electronic journals were written on a Macintosh SE from February through June of 1997. Then, from July 1997 until August of 2000 they were written on a Mac Performa Desktop. I saved those entries on a 3.5 floppy and I don't have a way to transfer them to my iMac. Anyway, it is interesting to read this entry almost 7 years later.
Tuesday April 10, 2001 AM
“The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.”
ECCLESIASTES 7:8-9
How do I know that the end of a matter is better than it’s beginning? Well, first of all, God’s word tells me right here. And because we know that all Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, correcting, and rebuking, I know that the end of a matter is better than its beginning. So when a situation comes up at work and I don’t feel like dealing with it, remember that the end of a matter is better than it’s beginning. I can have faith that God has placed this opportunity before me to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
God has placed this opportunity for me to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ. Remember this, and remember to be patient. If I abide in Christ and His law, which is not burdensome, I will know that being patient is better than letting my pride rule my thoughts and actions.
“The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.

No comments: