Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Roger Hooper Jazz Trio (or whatever we call this group)

On Saturday night I had fun playing jazz music w/ Roger and John. We played songs like Chameleon, Satin Doll, our own arrangement of Come Together and some other Beatles song that I can't remember the name. We played for about two and a half hours. It was a blast and reminded me that I need to start practicing. One thing that was fun is we put on a Tabla loop from my Rolad HPD-10.


My wife took this picture, I posted it because I love photographs of fire.



Johnnie set up some cool lights and put a candle on my bass drum. I guess that's one advantage of not playing w/ any toms on the kick drum ... you can put a candle where there would normally be toms.



One of the highlights of the evening was when Mari sang "Girl from Ipanema."



I'm thinking, "Wow, these brushes sound so cool," while John is thinking, "Stop thinking about yourself man!"


Hopefully I'll get to play w/ these guys soon.

No comments: